The Dinwiddie County Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of:
(1) Promoting business and community growth and development by promoting economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all businesses within the trade area
(2) promoting programs of civic, social and cultural nature which are designed to increase the functional and aesthetic values of the community, as well as promoting public awareness of those businesses within the county
(3) enhancing the competitive enterprise system of business by creating a better understanding and appreciation of the importance of business, business people and a concern for their associated challenges
(4) educating the business community and representing them in local, state and national affairs
(5) presenting or addressing issues which are detrimental to the expansion and growth of business in the community as a liaison between county and membership
(6) and discovering and assisting in the correction of abuses which prevent the promotion of business expansion and community growth.